Very good anytime, quick and easy.
Note: slicing the apples and yams (thickness) is important. Yams require more time to cook through than do apples, so we slice the yams about half the thickness of the apple slices.
Pork tenderloins require an in-oven temperature of 133º - then rest for 7 minutes so that they finish about 135º-137º for perfect tenderness and flavor . .
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme
black pepper to taste
dash of onion powder and garlic powder
2 pork tenderloins (350 grams each)
drizzle of vegetable oil
1 large onion peeled and
cut into 1/4” slices
2 large, unpeeled baking apples
cut into 1/4” pieces
2 yams peeled and cut into 1/4” pieces
1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
4 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
drizzle vegetable oil
1/2 Lb. baby spinach (4 large hand fulls)
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1. preheat oven 500º
2. In a medium bowl mix soy sauce, thyme, and pepper, onion and garlic powder. Add pork and roll to coat. Let stand while doing the next steps
3. Drizzle vegetable oil into a shallow baking pan large enough to hold the tenderloins. Lay onion slices in the pan. Place tenderloins over the onions.
4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. In a large bowl mix sliced yams, apples with melted butter, brown sugar, and pepper (to taste). Spread out on the lined baking sheet in a single layer, slices overlapping slightly.
5. Place pork and onions on middle rack of preheated oven and place apples and Yams on the bottom rack. Roast for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 375º and continue roasting for another 25 minutes (or until tenderloins are cooked) and yams and apples are tender when pierced.
6. In the last 5 minutes of cooking time mix honey and soya sauce and brush over tenderloins, yams and apples. Keep warm in oven until spinach ready.
7. Prepare sautéed spinach by wilting spinach on stove. Heat water and oil in heavy pot. Pot should be cold to start, high heat and when oil begins to spatter add spinach and garlic and stir to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Do not overcook.
8. Slice tenderloins and place over onions, Lay spinach to one side of meat and yams and apples to opposite side.