from Quebec's eastern townships . . .
2 tbsp. butter
1 larger onion, chopped
2 stalks celery and any celery leaves available from the stalk
1 large cooking carrots, chopped
1.5 - 2 pounds cooked chicken chopped into smaller pieces
2 cups left-over dressing
2 cups left-over roasted chicken gravy
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
2 tsp. herbes de Provence
1/2 cup sherry
1 cup milk (cream)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt butter (I used duck fat) in a large pan; add onions, carrots and celery and cook over medium heat until just pre-tender.
2. Add balance of ingredients, stirring to make sure all are well mixed. Allow to simmer about 20 minutes, tasting to make sure flavors are coming together.
3. Make pie crust for 9x14 deep dish lasagna pan.
4. Pour in chicken mixture.
5. Cover with top crust, seal and pinch. Paint top crust with egg white-milk mixture. Cut vent holes in top crust.
6. Place on a drip tray in 400º over for 15 minutes, reduce to 350º and bake for 45-60 minutes. When top crust is well browned AND the gravy is bubbling through vent holes, remove, cool slightly and serve.