2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
1 disk Pate Brisee - Butter crust
1 cup blanched almonds
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut up
1 large egg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
1/2 cup peach jam (made by the Amish community in New york State)
8-10 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise - we left the peel on
2 oz. Grande Marnier
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 12-inch round. Fit dough into a 9-inch removable bottom tart pan lifting into and pressing up sides. Refrigerate while you prepare almond cream (frangipane).
2. In a food processor, pulse almonds and sugar until finely ground. Add butter, egg, flour, salt, and extract and process until well combined.
3. Spread 1/4 cup jam over bottom of tart shell. Spread almond filling over; chill 15 minutes. Arrange pear slices on top, fanning them out. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
4. Combine left-over pear slices with equal amount of water and .5 cups sugar. Bring to boil in a sauce pan and then simmer until thickened to a syrup. Remove from heat and add Grande Marnier.
5. When crust is golden brown and almond cream is puffed and set transfer cake to a wire rack and cool in the pan. Remove from pan. Brush with syrup. Cool before serving.
6. Serve with fresh whipped cream.