Serves 4 to 6
Caution: May require finger licking. Gooey chicken wings are sure to please a crowd, not to mention your wallet. The sweet and spicy glaze requires only five ingredients, including peach preserves (though apricot preserves work well also).
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 (3-inch) piece peeled ginger, coarsely chopped
• 2/3 cup peach or apricot preserves or jam
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1/4 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes
• 4 lb chicken wings, tips removed if desired
• Preheat broiler.
• With motor running, drop garlic into a food processor and finely chop.
Add ginger and finely chop.
• Add preserves, soy sauce, water, and red-pepper flakes and pulse until sauce is combined.
• Line bottom and sides of a large 4-sided sheet pan with foil and lightly oil foil.
• Pat wings dry and put in sheet pan. Season with 3/4 tsp salt.
Pour sauce over wings and toss to coat, then spread in 1 layer.
• Broil wings 4 to 6 inches from heat 5 minutes, then turn over and baste with sauce from pan. Continue to broil, rotating pan and turning and basting 3 more times, until chicken is cooked through and browned in spots, 20 to 25 minutes.