1. Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and spraying well with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place all of the bread pieces into the baking dish.
3. Pour the melted butter over the bread.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, maple or vanilla extract, cinnamon, and the salt.
5. Stir in the pecans. Pour evenly over the bread pieces. Use a rubber spatula to push and "prod" the bread pieces around in the dish until all are coated in the syrupy mixture.
6. Bake at 375º for 45 minutes. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream!