Smoky pork burgers topped with melted Muenster and creamy avocado broadens your taste bud experience. Don’t skip the sliced tomatillo.
• 1 lb ground pork
• 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (most grocery stores)
• 2 garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press
• 4 slices Muenster cheese
• 4 hamburger buns, toasted
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 large tomatillo (1/4 lb), husked and rinsed, then sliced
• 1/2 small avocado, sliced
• 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
• Prepare barbecue for direct-heat cooking over medium heat
• Gently mix pork, chipotle, garlic, and a scant tsp salt until just combined.
Form into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
• Oil grill rack, then grill patties, covered, 4 minutes.
• Flip patties and top with a slice of cheese.
Grill, covered, until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
• Spread buns with mayonnaise and assemble burgers with tomatillo, avocado, and cilantro.